How to Clean Your Australia Gutter Mesh in 6 Easy Steps
Installing a mesh gutter guard on top of your gutter system will make sure that rainwater flows through without the issue of congestion brought by an over-accumulation of debris. An Australia gutter mesh is a system that guides rainwater from the roof and onto downspouts located at the corner of your roof. These downspouts let water exit your roof and away from your house. An exposed gutter system works perfectly fine; that is until leaves, and other roof debris starts to build up and block your gutter.
A gutter mesh prevents that from happening. It can help filter out any debris on your roof and avoid any clogging on your gutter. However, know that small debris can still enter your gutter and cause problems later overlooked. That’s why you should clean and maintain your gutters regularly. That’s why we present to you a systematic guide on how you can achieve a cleaner gutter mesh system. Make sure you follow each step outlined below:
- Step 1: Clear out the work area from rocks, sticks, and other debris. Locate a clean and stable place to plant and position your ladder. Lean your ladder against the house and make sure it’s well stabilised before you start climbing.
- Step 2: Inspect the metal clips holding the Australia gutter mesh guard from the front of your gutters. Using a flathead screwdriver, slowly lift the sections of the mesh guard to allow them to rest on your roof.
- Step 3: Scoop any debris that is on your gutter using either a small spade your hand. If you go for the latter, make sure you’re wearing protective gloves. Drop the gutter debris onto the ground. You’ll collect this debris from there. Move the ladder from one section of the gutter to the next. Repeat the process until you’ve managed to clear your entire gutter from any debris.
- Step 4: Get a water hose and position it at the tail end of your gutter facing the downspout. Start washing your entire gutter and wash away any remaining debris. Use a high-pressure hose to clean your gutter thoroughly.
- Step 5: Continue washing your gutter until it’s clean. Afterwards, climb down and turn the host off before removing it from your gutter system.
- Step 6: Flip the mesh cover back to the gutter. Bend the metal clips to secure the cover back again. Collect the gutter debris into a plastic garbage bag for easy disposal.
Once you’ve reached the last step, you now know how to clean your Australia gutter mesh guard. For more tips and guides on cleaning other areas of your roof, make sure you check out our blog page.